Ingredientsserves Serves 2 to 3, active time 1 hour 10 minutes, total time 1 hour 10 mins
- 2 pounds goat or lamb chops, cut into individual chops
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil (divided)
- 1 medium onion finely sliced (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped (about 4 teaspoons)
- 1 inch piece ginger finely chopped
- 3 green Serrano peppers slit lengthwise
- 4 whole black peppercorns
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 recipe green chutney
- Season chops generously with salt, pepper, and turmeric. Set aside. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion, garlic, ginger, and Serrano peppers and cook, stirring often, untill fragrant and softened but not browned, about 5 minutes. Add the whole peppercorns, cloves, and bay leaf and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes longer. Add the goat and cook in the spice mixture until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add 2 cups of water, bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
egg and breadcrumbs in two separate shallow bowls. Heat remaining 3
tablespoons oil a large non-stick skillet on medium heat until
shimmering. Dip the entire chop in the beaten egg and dredge in the
breadcrumbs. Fit as many as can fit into an even layer in the skillet
and fry, turning over once, until the crumbs are golden brown and crisp.
Serve hot with green chutney.
Source : seriouseats.com
Share this on your favourite network