- 3-4 small ripe pears, peeled and quartered or cubed
- 1 cup 1½ Tablespoons (250 g) butter, at room temperature
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1¼ cup (250 g) sugar (Kirsten used 200 g)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups 1½ tablespoons (250 g) flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
|Easy French Dessert|
Preheat Convection oven to 350 F.
Grease a 24 cm (9½ inch) spring pan
In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment beat butter and sugar together until very fluffy and white.
Mix in the eggs slowly, one egg at a time. Add vanilla and lemon zest.
In another bowl sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
Add the flour mixture slowly to the egg mixture. Don’t over mix.
Pour half of the batter into the spring pan. Place the pears on top. Pour the rest of the batter in the pan.
Bake for about 60 min or until a tooth pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Share this on your favourite network