Just a general trick, substituting cottage cheese for sour cream reduces that fat and adds a ton of protein to a meal. Just be sure to first blend the cottage cheese and no one will be able to tell the difference.
Lindsey’s Spinach Dip Recipe
- 1 10 oz container of frozen chopped spinach – defrost and squeeze out all the juice
- 1-2 5 oz cans of sliced water chestnuts – dice into small pieces
- 1 8 oz container of 1% cottage cheese – blend with a handheld blender or in a traditional blender until smooth and creamy
- 1 packet ranch dressing
- After completing the above tasks, mix well, eat, and enjoy! No baking or cooking needed.
- Prep/cook time: 7 min.
- I usually serve this with crackers but some prefer it with bread, served in a bread bowl. If you want to be super healthy, serve with fresh cut cucumbers, peppers, and carrots.
- Protein: 80 g
- Carbs: 71g
- Fat: 6g
*Nutritional data varies depending on products & brands used.
Share this on your favourite network