2 teaspoonsvegetable oil
1 1⁄2 cupsor more chopped broccoli, fresh or frozen
1 can(14 1/2 ounces) low sodium chicken broth
1 can(14 1/2 ounces) low sodium cream of chicken soup
2 clovesgarlic, or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cupssmall shell pasta, uncooked
1 cup(4 ounces) cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet). Add chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add broccoli, broth, soup, pepper, garlic and pasta. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to lowest setting, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Check near the end of cooking and add a small amount of water, if needed.
- Add cheese during last two minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Use whole wheat pasta when available.
Share this on your favourite network