- 1 lb uncooked shell pasta
- ½ cup (one stick) unsalted butter
- ¾ cup milk (more if needed for preferred consistency)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion, optional
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- Cook pasta in salted, boiling water until tender but not mushy.
- While the pasta cooks, cook the bacon and onions together until the bacon is crisp and the onion is tender.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Pour off all but about 2 tablespoons of grease from the pan.
- Add the hamburger, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook it thoroughly.
- Add the bacon and onions back to the pan, along with the butter.
- Stir until butter is melted and sprinkle with the flour.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Stir in the well-drained pasta.
- Whisk the eggs and mustard into the milk and pour over the meat mixture.
- Add the grated cheese.
- Cook, stirring constantly until thickened and well blended - about 3 minutes.
Freezes well for up to 6 months
Source : http://www.restlesschipotle.com
Share this on your favourite network